Do you feel like you have been trying to get into shape for years?
I meet plenty of clients who feel like they have spent the last several years on some kind of diet or health kick, without ever actually feeling satisfied enough to feel like they can stop.
There are lots of obvious reasons why they still might not feel in shape, lack of exercise, poor nutrition or understanding about what they are eating, stress, lack of sleep but the most popular reasons are Self Sabotage and Self Confidence.
Self-sabotage comes in many forms, can you recognize any of these?
• Dwelling on “If Only”- Stuck in a rut churning up the past, focusing on what could have been if you hadn’t of done this or that.
• Always starting tomorrow- Finding any excuse to prevent you from committing, clinging onto your comfort zone at any cost.
• Not being able to be 100% honest with yourself on how you truly feel, not realising that if you actually admit it, you can let it go. It will control you no longer.
• Thinking you can’t do it. So you don’t give it your all.
• Acting like, its not that big a deal. When really it is.
These things are very real, and deserve some focus if you are going to progress.
Self confidence has to be the most powerful tool a person has.
If you believe you can have something, generally you can.
Many times I have heard
“I’d love abs but I’m a little more realistic than that”
“I need to lose 3 stone but if I managed 1 that would do”
“I’ve kind of accepted I’m going to look like this forever now”
It saddens me deeply to think that people are that stuck that they are prepared to just accept being unhappy.
That isn’t why you were put on the planet.
If you’d like abs, then have them.
If someone else can, then so can you.
To get results you have never had before you need to do things you have never done before.
Believe you can, and you will!